ielts reading tips
- Point to remember:
- Reading test is different for both academic > students. However the major question type’s number of 4 sections remains the same.
- General training reading.
Exam is in 3 sections.
- Section1: One two or three short tests about different topics. These are not long in length and generally contain facts.
- Section2: This is somewhat similar to section1. The length just slighting more than previous section and information about pay schemes work conditions or instructions etc.
- Section3: Usually a single test which is most lengthy and difficult.
Exam is in 3sections although it is tough as compared to general training exam.
- Section1/2/3: Single test sections quite lengthy and comparatively difficult.
- Skimming & scanning:
It means going over through passage to get an idea of description. This is a must before doing questions. It helps in locating information quickly.
- Enhancing speed in reading:
For each passage you get approximately twenty minutes challenging your to do 7th task on time. So you must develop good reading speed in order to complete task on time.
These are certain words that will be there in each question helping you to locate the lo9cation of the answers. So you should learn to spot them correctly.
- Develop vocabulary:
Practice more and more before final exam and develop relevant vocabulary. You can do this online or with personalized training.